Facebook site links infected - please take care

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ruby
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:01 am

As this forum is primarily intended to relate TO Facebook it seems prudent to bring to users attention some current issues relating to infections haunting Facebook.
This link demonstrates some current issues with infections from that site .

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Facebook+infected&spell=1

Please be careful when visiting the site and be aware of these issues; this is also one reason why many places of work ( mine included) have banned and disabled access to the site Rolling Eyes

As I locate more up- to -date info I will add it to this thread study

Last edited by ruby1 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:34 pm

A bit of an update; I have just noticed a thread on another forum ( which I will not link to out of courtesy to the other forum ) where the user states they had gone to the

''Do you think...." app

they say they were 'just looking around' . On the bottom, there was a link, but they did not realize it was a link. It said "Continue" on it, so they clicked on it. It opened another window and it was one of those "Crush Letter Websites." they clicked on it >>>>> and got infected

please be careful No study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks for the advice...

One should always be careful whenever adding 3rd party apps. You should tell that person to report the app to facebook.

And as always if anyone finds, or suspects, that their comp is infected please do not hesitate to post here and we will do our best to help you.

View user profile http://tsnf2.users-board.net
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 am

May I please draw members' attention to this info I have located

Click here to see... new variant of Koobface spreading on facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Wed May 20, 2009 4:01 pm

An unexpected 'update' on this issue

I note on another site the info from a topic discussing a virus on Facebook
Quote :
She spends a lot of time playing games on facebook and with some kind of helper callled, mk inovations.

but she kept having a pop up for an anti virus 2009 and she said she didnt click on it. She closed her brower out and it installed anyway.

One might ask how well one protects ones computer and how sensibly one navigates ON Facebook study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:56 am

We hope this information is useful for you Idea
Needless to say, how many thousands ( maybe millions) of people access and use Facebook and put links etc on there study
You can have as much protection as you wish on your computer but, unless you use appropriate judgement and common-sense while using your computer , you may well get infected Mad

If you have any concerns that you may be infected , please do start a new topic thread in the Computer Help Section

http://tsnf2.users-board.net/computer-qas-f6/

bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Some more information to consider

Quote :
unfortunately installed a koobface infected file to my computer. .... I then ran 3 McAfee virus scans and they came up clean. I thought everything was okay and good to go. It wasn't. I couldn't access my Facebook account and the lovely pop-ups that come with Koobface continued. I then did some research and installed the latest version of Avast! and ran a full computer scan. I deleted all the infected files it came up with. I tried to access my Facebook account and still couldnt, along with the pop-ups continuing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:42 pm

I have seen some more information on another site for you to be aware of

>> My space and Facebook<<

study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:28 am

I have just located this

>>Facebook hackers refuse to give up <<

admittedly dated
Quote :

By Catalin Cimpanu, Web News Editor
22nd of August 2009, 08:30 GMT
but I think still worth noting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Koobface virus strikes again   Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 am

From my reading elsewere of a firm which has had problems with computers getting infected with the Koobface virus , I thought it worth giving a timely reminder for our members

>>koobface virus <<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 pm

I have just located this furthter information for our members to read and digest
>>facebook infections to read and digest<<

Quote :
Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites worldwide. With these fake and infected Facebook e-mails spreading around, users must be careful in opening and downloading malicious e-mails and attachments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook site links infected - please take care   

Back to top Go down

Facebook site links infected - please take care
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1